Like many AISCT students, Helen Petersen is a third culture kid (TCK) herself, growing up around the world as an American army brat.
Prior to moving into AISCT Admissions and the Upper School English and French classroom, Helen鈥檚 career took her around the world, teaching English, French, and ESL in high schools and universities in Kentucky, Tennessee, the Comoros Islands, and South Africa.
Helen obtained her bachelor鈥檚 degree in English and French from Centre College. She holds a Master of Arts in English with a concentration in writing, a Master of Education with a concentration in teaching English as a second language, and a secondary teaching certificate, all from Western Kentucky University. Since joining AISCT, Helen earned a Postgraduate Diploma in Education specializing in Educational Administration, from the University of Cape Town.
With more than three decades in education, Helen firmly believes that all children will learn if they are happy and have good relationships with their teachers. Her family in South Africa includes her husband and teenage son.
Welcome to the Admissions Department of the 香港六合开奖记录 (AISCT), and thank you for your interest in our school.
It is my hope that when you apply to AISCT, it will be a thorough, but smooth and enjoyable process. At the same time, it is essential that we collect everything we need to complete your child鈥檚 application. Please refer to the list below for our requirements. We want to ensure that AISCT is the best school for your child in addition to making the correct grade placement.
AISCT has a rolling admissions process which means we accept applications year-round. In addition, students up to and including Grade 8 can begin classes at any time during the school year. However, because we work on a credit system, high school students (grades 9-12), may only join us at the beginning of a semester, that being either August or January.
We offer personalized, private tours on a daily basis to suit your availability. If you have not visited our campus, I encourage you to contact me to book your tour. I look forward to seeing you on our campus soon.
- completed application form
- copy of birth certificate for South Africans/copy of passport of child, father, and mother for foreign nationals
- copy of vaccination record
- two years of school reports (when appropriate)/complete high school transcript from grade 9 onward
- completed AISCT Student Referral form from current school for those applying to Kindergarten 2 and older (AISCT will send it to the current school.)
- completion of the AISCT admissions assessment for those applying to Kindergarten 2 and older聽(AISCT will book the assessment date or send to the current school once all documents and the application fee have been received) OR standardised test scores when available.
- R1,200.00 application fee which can be deposited into the AISCT account (details on our聽fees page).